Monday 3 November 2014

Driving lessons Brighton

October, 2014

I discovered L Plates after hours of researching local driving schools online, as I had a negative experience with one of the large national driving schools a year ago. 
Straight away it became very evident why they have so many glowing reviews. My instructor was Dave West, and from the moment I called to enquire about availability, the service has been consistently excellent. 
After explaining the experience with my previous driving instructor, Dave put together a structured and comprehensive plan to ensure I felt absolutely confident in all aspects of driving. 
For me, it wasn't just about 'passing my test', although that was obviously a major part of it. As an older driver (early 30's) with a young family, it was extremely important that I felt my driving was completely safe and that I had the knowledge needed to make the right decisions behind the wheel, as once I passed my test I would be driving a car full of passengers. 
Well, Dave could not have done more to tailor my lessons to achieve this. I really felt that every aspect of my lesson was mapped out, so no time in the car was wasted. I especially liked that fact that Dave (and L Plates) provided supporting materials to complement what you're learning during the lessons. Dave provided foolproof methods for all the manoeuvres, which immediately gives you the confidence to carry them out successfully. Before you know it, you're not just completely confident in your techniques, you're actually looking forward to doing them as you know you have the ability to execute them perfectly - I now have a bit of a thing for reversing round a corner!
What I found really good was that Dave always went beyond just 'telling you' what to do, but explained the reason behind it and lets you do everything in your own time, never rushing you and never making you feel that you 'should have learnt it by now'. For me, this patience helped me learn properly and the reasoning behind it all makes it 'stick' as you truly understand what you're doing and why you're doing it. 
The results of the lessons was that I went in for my test feeling CONFIDENT and thanks to Dave and L Plates, I passed - I only wish I found L Plates first time around. 
If like me, you've spent hours trying to find a driving school that really cares about your driving and does everything to support you, then look no further. Give them a call and look forward to becoming the best driver you can be. Howard Doney. Brighton.


No comments:

Post a Comment