Saturday 23 August 2014

Driving lessons Brighton

August, 2014

An enormous thank you to Dave West who helped me to pass my driving test this morning!
When I first started with Dave at L Plates, I had just completed a block of lessons with my first instructor. Unstructured lesson plans and no proper explanation of how to use the clutch had left me frustrated, confused and low in confidence. Passing my test seemed like an unattainable dream.
This all changed after getting behind the wheel with Dave. Within our first hour lesson, he had explained exactly how the clutch worked and I watched in amazement as I controlled the car on a hill with ease and skill! I was surprised at how quickly I gained confidence on the road. We always recapped what I had learnt the previous lesson, which meant that I was always progressing & building on prior knowledge and skill.

Dave is a calm, encouraging & reassuring presence in the passenger seat. He put across concepts with an effective mix of visual aids, verbal explanations and good old humour! What really impressed me in his teaching was how he always knew exactly how and why something didn't go quite right, and in my case it was usually because I was worrying about a mistake I had made earlier! He was always positive, often displaying more confidence in my ability to pass than I did. This was invaluable as it spurred me on whenever I showed signs of doubting myself. 
On the day of my test I was a bag of nerves, but Dave miraculously managed to put me at ease and help me focus. I have not only walked away with a pass, but a genuine friend. Rest assured that Dave at L Plates will get you through! He has transformed me from an anxious stalling caterpillar into a soaring butterfly on the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment